Monday 25 July 2011

Depression


Life is hard,
I never quite realized it, not for me. My life ,when I  look upon it, seems full; complete. I have everything I ever wished for. A few hinges here and there, but over all I have it so sweet. Only when I encountered a person less fortunate than I am, did I stop to wonder and question if wether or not everyone has it so lucky. It occurred to me right then that the answer was no. although I want to help, so help me I do, I cant fight the constant air of unhappiness that lingers in my mouth with every encounter. I feel guilty for feeling this way. The presence only taints my aura of happiness. My new found positive outcome on life has changed though. I no longer take for granted the precious happiness I maintain. Yet to just neglect this problem, this hurt seems wrong on all counts, to be drawn in deep, and commit to this pain would only inflict pain onto myself. Trapped to share the burden of pain. I wish to take back the day I first intruded and opened this hole of depression and unfamiliarity. To a life that is so much different than my own. Now the promise holds me with a strengthening rope of guilt, constricting me and picking at my happiness. 

A Piece By Jasmine Lewis-Humphrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make me smile, thankyou